Celebrate warmer days with a fun and fizzy Rhubarb Bellini Prosecco Cocktail! It's a refreshing sparkling wine cocktail made with an easy rhubarb compote and Italian Prosecco sparkling wine.
Many of you have been making and loving this Rhubarb Bellini lately! For those of you who have yet to give it a try, I thought I would bump this recipe back to the top of the blog for everyone to enjoy.
After a long dreary winter, I'm ready to celebrate Spring? With rhubarb sprouting in the garden, a glass of this Rhubarb Bellini Prosecco Cocktail is the perfect way to toast the arrival of warm weather!
I made this for my sisters-in-law as a pre-dinner drink after a beautiful hike to a stand of old-growth forest near where we live. We were hot, tired and thirsty, and this rhubarb cocktail went down easily!
❤️ Why you'll love this rhubarb cocktail
- It's a light and bright bubbly cocktail, delicately pink, with just enough sweetness to counteract rhubarb's tart flavour.
- If you're not a fan of sweet, sugary cocktails, this Rhubarb Bellini will be a perfect fit for you.
- It has a delicate sweetness, mostly from the Prosecco and a little from the rhubarb compote used as a base.
- This Bellini is lower in alcohol than most cocktails making it perfect for a brunch or a picnic.
You'll need a small amount of rhubarb compote, which is very easy to make. You'll need
- chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- maple syrup or sweetener of your choice: sugar, Monkfruit, or honey
- lemon zest (optional)
🥄 This Rhubarb Bellini is the easiest cocktail you'll make all summer!
Take 15 minutes to make rhubarb compote from fresh or frozen rhubarb, cool it, then spoon a small amount into a champagne flute or cocktail glass.
Fill with Prosecco, stir and serve. That's it!
More ways to use rhubarb compote (stewed rhubarb)
Unless you're serving a crowd, you'll have rhubarb compote left over.
Store it in the fridge and use it to make a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Smoothie or Skinny Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, or Creamy Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Overnight Oats or spoon it over a simple Lemon Ricotta Cake.
You'll be glad you made extra!
🔁 Possible variations
I chose to keep this rhubarb cocktail simple, but you can embellish it by adding other flavours to the rhubarb compote. Try a touch of cinnamon or a hint of lemon or orange zest.
History of Bellinis
The original Bellini was made with Prosecco and puréed white peaches. It was invented in 1948 and served in the famous Harry's Bar in Venice, Italy.
Pop the cork! Enjoy every sip of this rhubarb cocktail! Here's to a warm and sunny spring and summer!
More Cocktail and Mocktail Recipes
When you make this rhubarb Prosecco cocktail, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Rhubarb Bellini Prosecco Cocktail
- 10 oz Prosecco
- 3 tablespoon rhubarb compote (instructions below)
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, or sweetener or your choice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- To make rhubarb compote, put 2 cups chopped rhubarb stalks in a medium pot with 3 tablespoon water and 2 tablespoon maple syrup. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Purée in a blender and store in the refrigerator.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of rhubarb compote into each of 2 champagne flutes or cocktail glasses. Slowly fill glasses with Prosecco. It may bubble up, so add a little at a time to prevent it from overflowing.