Start your day with this clean-eating Tropical Turmeric smoothie made from bananas and mango and flavored with turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom. This mango turmeric smoothie recipe is sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan and paleo! Blend and go!
I can't think of a more cheerful way to start the day than with this Tropical Turmeric Smoothie!
I try to have lots of variety in my breakfasts, but more often than not, breakfast at my house is a smoothie. Sometimes I'm out in the garden early in the morning in my PJ's, grabbing a handful of kale and parsley or I use sprouted greens as the basis for a green smoothie.
And when I'm in the mood for nutritious turmeric, I make this delicious, naturally sweet mango turmeric smoothie with ginger.
👍🏼Turmeric Smoothie Benefits
- Just look at that color! Knowing that I'm filling my body full of antioxidants, detoxifying my liver, (and maybe preventing Alzheimer's!) is just one more reason to sip and enjoy this turmeric smoothie.
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, powerful medicinal spice that has anti-oxidant properties as well. It contains curcumin which has been linked to improved brain function. It may also lower our risk of heart disease and prevent, or even treat, cancer.
- Chia seeds add fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and many other nutrients.
- Hemp hearts are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids, as well as protein and high amounts of other vitamins and minerals.
- Ginger can improve digestion, reduce inflammation, lower blood sugar levels, relieve menstrual cramps, and even prevent cancer.
- Mango and banana are both good sources of Vitamin C, potassium, and more!
You'll find a complete list of ingredients for this tropical turmeric smoothie recipe in the recipe card below.
- spice mix: ground turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix equal amounts of these ground spices in a small jar, store it in your spice cupboard, and it will be ready to use in this turmeric smoothie or Warm Turmeric Cinnamon Milk. Use 2 teaspoons of this spice mix in your smoothie.
- banana: the riper the better! Banana adds natural sweetness.
- milk: any plant-based milk of your choice, like almond, cashew, or oat milk
- mango: fresh or frozen chunks
- Chia seeds: add fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and many other nutrients. They also help to thicken this turmeric smoothie recipe.
- hemp hearts: rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids, as well as protein and high amounts of other vitamins and minerals. Read more about the health benefits of hemp seeds.
- black pepper: just a little to enhance the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric
- Combine a ripe banana, plant-based milk of your choice, mango chunks, spices, and chia and hemp hearts in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and see if you need sweetener or not. If the fruit is very ripe, you won't need anything extra.
- Don't forget the sprinkle of black pepper to help enhance the anti-inflammatory effects of the curcumin in the turmeric!
👍🏼How to remove turmeric stains
Turmeric's bright orange color is beautiful, but it will stain.
If you've discovered that it has stained your countertop or your blender container, there's a simple fix.
Rub the area with a small amount of vegetable oil, followed by a general scrub with your usual cleanser to remove the stain. When I make my turmeric tonic, I drink it with a straw to avoid discoloring my teeth!
🗒 More healthy turmeric recipes
- Turmeric Pick-Me-Up
- Mango Turmeric Overnight Oats with Kefir
- Warm Turmeric Cinnamon Milk
- Honey Dijon Turmeric Chicken Thighs
- Thai Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs
- 7 Delicious Ways to Add Turmeric to your Diet
When you make this turmeric smoothie recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I love hearing how my recipes turned out for you.
🗒 More healthy smoothie recipes
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk or other plant-based milk unsweetened
- ½ medium banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ teaspoon each ground turmeric ginger, cinnamon and cardamom
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup OR honey (unless vegan) only if your fruit is not fully ripe and naturally sweet
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- dash black pepper freshly cracked
- 3 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.