Finger foods are fun foods! Here's a collection of 25 Easy Finger Food Appetizers that your friends will love. Most of these appetizer recipe ideas are gluten-free, and many are vegetarian, paleo, or keto! You'll find something for everyone in this round-up of finger food recipes.
Whether you’re planning a happy hour with one other couple, a formal dinner, or a full-scale bash, this round-up of 25 Easy Finger Food Appetizers will give you the appetizer ideas you're looking for when you're deciding what to serve.
If you need just one potluck offering or a full menu of finger foods, this collection of easy appetizer ideas will help with your decision-making. Need ideas for easy finger food recipes for a crowd? Read on!
👍🏼 Tips for choosing finger food appetizers
How many appetizers per person should I make?
The number of finger food appetizers you should make per person when planning an appetizer night or a cocktail party will vary depending on several factors, including the duration of the event, the type of guests, and whether you'll be serving a full meal later.
However, as a general guideline, you can plan on serving about 8-12 finger foods per person per hour for a cocktail party. For longer events or if you're not serving a full meal, you may want to aim for the higher end of that range.
Here are some questions to consider:
- How long is your event? The longer the event, the more finger foods you should provide. If it's a short cocktail hour, you can plan on fewer appetizers per person.
- Are your guests big eaters? Consider the preferences and appetites of your guests. If you know they have hearty appetites, you may want to provide more appetizers per person.
- Are you serving dinner afterward? If you're also serving a full meal later in the evening, you can plan for fewer finger foods per person. On the other hand, if the appetizers are the main food for the event, you'll need to provide more.
- Do your guests have dietary restrictions? Offering a variety of finger foods with different flavors and textures can help ensure that there's something for everyone. Include options for vegetarians, meat lovers, and those with dietary restrictions. Be sure to offer some gluten-free appetizers and some that are dairy-free.
Tip: It's a good idea to have extra finger foods on hand in case your guests have larger appetites or if unexpected guests show up. You can also adjust the quantity based on your knowledge of your friends and the overall menu you're planning. Ultimately, the goal is to have enough variety and quantity to keep your friends satisfied!
What kind of appetizers are best to serve?
Choose a variety of finger foods for your guests. Some of these recipes are gluten-free, some vegan or vegetarian, and some paleo and keto. There is something for everyone!
This collection of fun appetizers includes
- foods to stuff (like mushrooms, stuffed dates, or mini peppers)
- dips, like shishito peppers with lemon aioli, or smoked salmon dip
- two-bite snacks, like cranberry Brie pinwheels
- nuts and snack mixes,
- crostini with different toppings
- chicken wings
- skewered appetizers, like chimichurri shrimp skewers or Cajun shrimp and pineapple kabobs.
25 Easy Finger Food Appetizers your friends will love
1. Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick
2. Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
3. Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
4. Mini Spinach Artichoke Tarts
5. Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates with Walnuts and Mint
6. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
7. 10 Minute Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
8. Cranberry Glazed Chili Chicken Wings
9. Blue Cheese Crostini with Crisp Honeyed Pear
10. Spicy Stuffed Spanish Mini Peppers
11. Cranberry Walnut Beggars' Purses
12. Easy Cold Crab Dip
13. Prosciutto with Melon and Mint
14. Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese and Maple Walnuts
15. Creamy Cannellini Lemon Feta Dip
16. Blistered Shishito Peppers with Miso Aioli Dip
17. Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini
18. Grilled Cajun Prawn & Pineapple Kabobs
19. Spanish Spiced Almonds
20. Five Tips for Making Perfect Crostini
21. Puff Pastry Cranberry Brie Pinwheels
22. Puff Pastry Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels
23. Puff Pastry Pizza Tarts
24. Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Dates
25. Mini Crustless Smoked Salmon Quiches
More crostini recipes
When you make one of these finger food appetizers, let me know which ones you tried in the comments section below. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes!